After 3 years of work, ICAO is due to agree a global climate deal for international aviation at its triennial assembly Sept 27 – Oct 7th. The outcome will be closely watched to see if the sector can take action to limit is considerable and growing climate impact.
Transport & Environment and Carbon Market Watch, with the support of WWF European Policy Office and AEF, organise a post-assembly lunch event to consider the outcome of the assembly and its implications for European climate and aviation policy. The event will present expert analysis of any agreement and discuss what are the next steps, in particular implications for the EU Emission Trading System.
- Peter Liese MEP (EPP, ENVI)
- Bas Eickhout MEP (Greens, ENVI – moderator)
- Filip Cornelis (European Commission)
- Kelsey Perlman (Carbon Market Watch)
- Transport and Environment speaker (tbc)
- Date and time: October 12th, Stanhope Hotel, Rue du Commerce 9, 12.00 – 14.30
- Lunch will be provided 12-12.30
- Register for event here