Dear network members, dear readers, dear friends,
Welcome to this very special COP21 edition of our NGO newsletter “Watch This! NGO Voices on Carbon Markets and climate finance”!
The Paris Agreement must be an ambitious, unified agreement and we, together with many other civil society groups from countries around the world, are here to remind negotiators about their responsibilities to make this happen.
In this Watch This! Edition, you’ll find Carbon Market Watch’s main recommendations and our top priorities for COP21. Issues covered range from the need to avoid hot air to ensuring that human rights are integrated into the agreement. This edition also features a calendar of our events during COP21.
We also discuss the latest developments around the Clean Development Mechanism, the Green Climate Fund and Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs). Finally, we are delighted to have a feature about local public participation by Paryavaran Mitra based in Gujarat, India, a member of our network.
Pierre-Jean Brasier, Network Coordinator
- A glimpse at the future of carbon markets
- Beware “Hot Air”!
- Will the Paris agreement build on the momentum of SDGs?
- Why Paris needs to deliver strong human rights language in the core agreement
- UNFCCC Secretariat urges CDM Board to address human rights impacts of CDM projects
- Green Climate Fund Board in Zambia – Key Outcomes
- Is all carbon created equal?
- Member SPOTLIGHT – Paryavaran Mitra: Friends of Environment
- NAMAs: State of play
- How NAMAs CAN add fuel to INDCs
Watch This! NGO voices on Climate Finance and Carbon Markets appears quarterly in English, French and Spanish with campaign updates and opinion pieces from around the world. Any comments or article ideas? Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org